Central Library of the Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Belarus
The Central Library Of the Academy of MIA provides informational support for learning, educational and scientific activities of the institution. The process of reforming the education system, the introduction of new educational and library standards of the quality management system affects the development of the library in the modern period.
The fund is represented by scientific, educational, methodical, fiction, foreign publications, periodicals and continuing publications. The number of electronic information resources is growing. The electronic library of the Academy includes more than 1,000 digital copies of documents and is aimed at employees, cadets and students of the institution.
Today, new information technologies have been introduced into the work of the library. Operated automated library information system ALIS – WEB, developed by NPF "INEAK" and using the format BELMARC, adopted in Belarus as an interchange format when working in the system of corporate cataloguing. As of September 1, 2012, the user service in the library is carried out in automatic mode. ALIS – WEB is designed for operation in INTERNET-INTRANET resources and implemented using MySQL.
Subscription (334 cab.) is open from 8:00 to 19:00, on Saturday – from 8:00 to 16:00, Sunday – day off, the last Thursday of each month – sanitary day. Office: + 375-17 289-22-03.
Reading room (room 432) is open from 8:00 to 20:00, on Saturday – from 8:00 to 16: 00, Sunday – day off. Office: + 375-17 289-22-35.
Scientific hall for the faculty (325 cab.) is open from 8: 30 to 17:00, lunch break – from 13:00 to 13: 30, Saturday and Sunday – weekends. Office: + 375-17 289-23-61.
Sector of reference-bibliographical and information work (430 cab.) open from 8: 30 to 17:00, Saturday from 8:00 to 16: 00, Sunday – day off. Office: + 375-17 289-23-71.
Sector acquisition and processing of literature (332 cab.) is open from 8:30 to 17:00, Saturday and Sunday – days off. Office: + 375-17 289-22-26.
Branch № 1 – library of the Faculty of Investigators is open from 8:00 to 20:00, on Saturday – from 8:00 to 16:00, Sunday – day off. Address: Minsk, Bagration str., 85. Office: +375-17 358-94-32.
Branch № 2 – library of the Faculty of Corrections is open from 8:00 to 20:00, on Saturday – from 8:00 to 16:00, Sunday – day off. Address: Minsk, K. Libknehta str., 57. Office: + 375-17 286-28-73.
The structure of the library
- season ticket;
- reading room;
- scientific reading room for the faculty.
Direction of activity:
- the information needs of the;
- organization of the division fund, its rational placement, accounting, storage, placement;
- securing the fund of the division;
- interaction with the Departments of the Academy on the formation of the fund and its promotion;
- consulting assistance to readers in working with documents and reference apparatus;
- popularization of the library Fund through the organization of book exhibitions.
Sector of reference-bibliographical and information work. Direction of activity:
- reference and bibliographic services for users;
- information services for users;
- organization, maintenance and editing of databases ''Article'';
- formation of information culture of users.
Sector acquisition and processing of literature. Direction of activity:
- the acquisition fund of the library;
- reception and registration of documents;
- the exception to all forms library written off documents;
- a subscription to the periodicals of all Departments of the Academy;
- organization, maintenance and editing of library catalogs;
- processing of documents in accordance with library standards and rules.
- № 1 – library of the Faculty of Investigators;
- № 2 – library of the Faculty of Corrections.