Olympiad "Patriot" is a joint project of the Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and the Belarusian Union of Suvorovites and Cadets. 9 teams participate: Specialized lyceums of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and the Ministry of Emergency Situations, Minsk Suvorov Military School, Minsk City Cadet School, Brest, Vitebsk, Polotsk, Gomel, Grodno, Mogilev Regional Cadet Schools. Total expected more than 200 guests - participants, teachers, fans.
Young patriots traditionally act in the form of their educational institutions. The program of the Olympiad is rich, includes various competitive tasks:
- presentation of the command "Here we are";
- warm-up of captains (blitz-survey of young leaders for the purpose of checking general erudition);
- testing on subjects "History of Belarus" and etc.;
- "Word to the speaker" (thematic speeches of representatives of teams);
- oral interrogation on the content of motion pictures of Soviet and Belarusian cinematography devoted to the Great Patriotic War (the contestant from each team is selected by lot);
- "Homework" (staging one of the works of fiction, a list of which is determined in advance by the organizers of the Olympics).
The group of leading events and assistants to the organizers included cadets of the Academy of the Ministry of the Interior - the most prepared children, excellent students, active community workers and, not least, graduates of cadet schools. Well-known public figures, well-deserved veterans of law enforcement agencies, representatives of various law enforcement agencies, the Ministry of Education, the Belarusian Union of Suvorovites and the Cadets are invited to the jury of the Olympiad.